Here’s a few tips for you to help with energy efficiency of your home:
- Your room thermostat should be between 18 and 21°C
- Turning your thermostat down by 1°C could cut your heating bills by up to 10%
- A low constant heat will be more fuel efficient than peaks and troughs – it will make your heating system work harder if it has to keep increasing from a cooler temperature
- Close your curtains at night – this will help keep the heat in
- Don’t drape your curtains over radiators – the heat will go behind them
- Use the half load in your washing machine if you have one – don’t always run on full loads unless you have to
- Always keep a lid on your saucepans
- Turn lights off in rooms when you aren’t in them – and tell your kids to do this as well!
- Don’t leave appliances on standby all day, turn them right off
Using these tips will guarantee you saving money off your gas and electric bills.